- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, “Context-Aware Service Provision in Ambient Intelligence: a case study with the Tyche project”, Assistive Technologies in Smart Environments for People with Disabilities, Taylor and Francis, (under press)
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Roy Patrice, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain and Dey Anind K., “Intelligible software delivery in smart environments supported by a macro and micro context awareness model”, Health and Technology, Springer-Verlag, 2013, pp. 1-13, DOI: 10.1007/s12553-013-0047-6
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain and Dey Anind K., “A context-aware service provision system for smart environments based on the user interaction modalities”, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, Vol. 5, Issue 1, 2013
- Abdulrazak Bessam, Roy Patrice, Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Belala, Yacine and Sylvain Giroux, “Micro Context-Awareness for Autonomic Pervasive Computing”, International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking (IJBDCN), IG Global, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2011
- Abdulrazak Bessam, Chikhaoui Belkacem, Giroux Sylvain, Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Fraikin Benoit, “A Standard Ontology for Smart Spaces”, International Journal of Web and Grid Services (IJWGS), Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2010
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain, Mohktari Mounir, “A self-configuration middleware for smart spaces”, International Journal of Smart Home, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2009
- Giroux Sylvain, Castebrunet Matthieu, Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Abdulrazak Bessam, “A Pervasive Framework for Multi-Agent Personalization in Smart Homes,” Communications of SIWN, Vol. 5, August 2008, pp. 57-61
Conferences with peer reviewing
- Perrine Ruer, Charles Gouin-Vallerand and Evelyne Vallières, “Persuasive strategies to improve driving behavior of elderly drivers by a feedback approach”, Proceeding of the International Conference on Persuasive Technologies (Persuasive 2016), Salzburgh, Austria, 2016.
- Perrine Ruer, Charles Gouin-Vallerand, Le Zhang, Daniel Lemire and Evelyne Vallières, “An analysis tool for the contextual information from field experiments on driving fatigue”, Proceedings of the The Ninth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context (Context 2015), Cyprus, 2015
- Mehdi Boukhechba, Abdenour Bouzouane, Bruno Bouchard, Charles Gouin-Vallerand, Sylvain Giroux, “Online Prediction of People’s Next Point-of-Interest: Concept Drift Support“, Proceeding of 6th International Workshop, HBU 2015 Osaka, Japan, September 8, 2015.
- Mehdi Boukhechba, Abdenour Bouzouane, Bruno Bouchard, Charles Gouin-Vallerand, Sylvain Giroux, “Online recognition of people’s activities from raw GPS data: Semantic Trajectory Data Analysis”, Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (PETRA 2015), Corfu Island, Greece, 2015.
- Charles Gouin-Vallerand, Neila Mezghani, “An analysis of the transitions between mobile application usages based on markov chains“, Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing: Adjunct Publication, September 2014
- Colombiano Kedowide, Charles Gouin-Vallerand, Évelyne F Vallières, “Recognizing blind spot check activity with car drivers based on decision tree classifiers“, Artificial Intelligence Applied to Assistive Technologies and Smart Environments workshop in conjunction with Twenty-Eighth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July 2014
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Jesus Alberto Montero De la Cruz, “Analysis of a context-aware recommender system model for smart urban environment”, In Proceeding of the 2013 ACM Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM2013), Vienna, Austria, December 2013
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Lim Brian, Dey Anind, “ Software provision in smart environment based on fuzzy logic intelligibility”, In Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp ’12), September 2012
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Roy Patrice, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain, Dey Anind K., “A macro and micro context awareness model for the provision of services in smart spaces”, International Conference on Smart Homes and health Telematics, ICOST 2012, Florence, Italie, Juin 2012 (Best paper award)
- Gouin-Vallerand, Charles, Giroux Sylvain and Abdulrazak, Bessam, “Tyche project : a context aware self-organization middleware for ubiquitous environment” 8th International conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing, Workshop on Ubiquitous Service System and Technologies, UIC2011, Banff, Canada, September 2011
- Abdulrazak Bessam, Roy Patrice, Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Giroux Sylvain, Belala Yacine, “Macro and Micro Context-Awareness for Autonomic Pervasive Computing”, 12th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, iiWAS2010, Paris, France, Novembre 2010.
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain, Mokhtari Mounir, “A software self-organizing middleware for smart spaces based on fuzzy logic”, 12th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, HPCC2010, Melbourne, Australia, Septembre 2010
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Giroux Sylvain, Abdulrazak Bessam, Mohktari Mounir, “Toward a self-configuration middleware for smart spaces,” In proceeding of 3rd International Symposium on Smart Home, SH 2008, Sanya, China, December 2008
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Abdulrazak Bessam, Giroux Sylvain, Mohktari Mounir, “Toward Autonomic Pervasive Computing,” 10th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, iiWAS 2008, Linz, Austria, November 2008
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, Giroux Sylvain, “Managing and deployment of applications with OSGi in the context of Smart Homes,” 3rd IEEE international conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications 2007, Wimob 2007, New York, USA, October 2007
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, “Une approche autonome pour la gestion logicielle des espaces intelligents”, Ph.D. thesis, Université de Sherbrooke and Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Juillet 2011
- Gouin-Vallerand Charles, “Gestion et déploiement d’applications en milieux ubiquistes à l’aide d’OSGi” Master thesis, Université de Sherbrooke, mai 2008